House Republicans on Tuesday unveiled their new “Investigation of Benghazi” website which appears to be a Benghazi file repository of committee reports and other declassified publications related to the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi, Libya which killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, Navy Seals Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty and Diplomat Sean Smith.
In a couple of brief paragraphs the website explains that the mission of the House Republicans is to discover what occurred on that night in Benghazi and to uncover exactly what the Obama administration is attempting to cover up:
Shortly after the attack, House Republicans asked the Obama administration to explain to the American people the Administration’s actions leading up to and during the attack itself, as well as the fact that publicly-available information consistently contradicted Administration accounts describing the cause and nature of the attack. Our fight for answers and justice continues today.
For over a year now, House Committees have engaged in serious, deliberate, and exhaustive oversight investigations of what led up to this tragic event, what happened that night, and why the White House still refuses to tell the whole truth. All of the unclassified information and findings from this ongoing investigation can be found on this website.
This page continues to be updated as more information becomes available. The most recent update was made on January 29, 2014.
One of the most interesting sections of the new repository is titled House Committee on Foreign Affairs and includes the following files:
- Hearing Transcripts
- “Benghazi: Where is the State Department Accountability?” September 18, 2013
- “Terrorist Attack in Benghazi: The Secretary of State’s View,” January 23, 2013
- “Benghazi Attack, Part II: The Report of the Accountability Review Board,” December 20, 2012
- “Benghazi and Beyond: What Went Wrong on September 11, 2012 and How to Prevent it from Happening at other Frontline Posts, Part I,” November 15, 2012
- 1/28/13 Clinton-State
- 1/31/13 ARB Recommendations
- 4/23/13 Interim Report 5 Cmte Letter
- 5/15/13 Talking Points
- 05/27/13 OIG Continued Concerns
- 05/29/13 Status of ARB-Cited Employees
- 10/30/13 Benghazi Annex Response
- Incoming: 10.30.13 – DOD, Hagel, RE. Benghazi Annex response
- Incoming: 11.12.13 – State, Kerry, RE. Benghazi Annex response
- Incoming: 12.11.13 – CIA, RE. Benghazi Annex response
- Outgoing: 2013-10-30 DEI & Royce to Brennan-CIA – Benghazi Annex response
- Outgoing: 2013-10-30 DEI & Royce to Hagel-DOD – Benghazi Annex response
- Outgoing: 2013-10-30 DEI & Royce to Kerry-DOS – Benghazi Annex response
- 10/30/13 Rewards for Justice Program
- 11/19/13 Benghazi Four Employment Status Update
The list of other available reports is quite extensive but many of them are heavily redacted. The page should prove to be a valuable resource for anyone investigating the Benghazi terrorist attack.