Adam Kokesh Plans Open Carry March On Washington DC July 4th
According to CNS News, radio talk show host Adam Kokesh, a U.S. veteran of the Iraq war and long time anti-war protestor and activist, is staging an Open Carry March on Washington D.C. for July 4th. The facebook events page states that “We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny.”
The page also states that if the group is met with “respectful” agents working on behalf of the federal government they will submit to arrest or peacefully turn back – unless the government chooses to make it a violent event:
This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.
Many DCX readers will recognize Kokesh’s name because of protests and blast-furnace style speeches he’s been a part of in the past. Kokesh and 12 other Iraq veterans against the war in the middle east participated in an occupation-like mock patrol of Washington D.C in 2o07.
Kokesh created controversy once again in 2007 by putting up satirical political posters which featured a picture of a stereotypical Arab man and the headline “Hate Muslims? So do we!,” with captions explaining that the typical Muslim is equipped with a venom-spouting mouth, laser-shooting eyes, and hidden AK-47′s, among other features. The poster was signed “Students for Conservativo-Fascism Awareness.”
In September of 2008 Kokesh spoke at Representative Ron Paul’s Rally for the Republic in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he stated:
“While it is our responsibility now to resist tyranny civilly, while we still can, there may come a time when we will say to the powers that be, be it with your blood or ours we have come to water the tree of liberty … who will stand with me?”
Two days later Kokesh interrupted Senator John McCain‘s acceptance speech of the GOP nomination for President at the Republican National Convention also in St. Paul, Minnesota. Holding a sign reading “McCain Votes Against Vets” on one side and “You can’t win an occupation” on the other, Kokesh yelled, “Ask him why he votes against vets!”
In 2010, with an endorsement from the Republican Liberty Caucus, Kokesh attempted to unseat Democratic representative Ben Ray Luján running as a libertarian-oriented Republican supported by Ron Pau. Kokesh lost in the New Mexico GOP primary.
Two years ago, in May of 2011, Kokesh and other activists participated in a flash mob dance at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C. after peaceful attendee’s were arrested by force for dancing at the monument just a few days prior. The much larger protest, organized by Kokesh in response to the forceful arrests, involved about 200 protesters and 75 dancers. About 10 minutes after the dancing began, police started clearing the monument but no arrests were made. When asked by a journalist if he had a permit to protest, Kokesh produced a copy of the U.S. Constitution and said, “Actually I got a permit. It’s the same one I swore an oath to when I enlisted in the Marine Corps. And it says something about ‘freedom of assembly.’ Which means you don’t need permission from anybody to come together and speak your mind.”
Kokesh is seen as a highly controversial figure by members of both political encampments in Washington DC and even some members of the Tea Party who view Kokesh’s actions as detrimental to their organization by opening political avenues which could actually give certain politicians the excuse they’d need to begin a government crackdown on American liberties in general. As one comment poster on the FreeRepublic.com website wrote:
This is an incredibly dangerous event. I can reach no other conclusion than the guy leading this event, Adam Kokesh, will attempt to incite a violent confrontation with the federal authorities in DC in order to discredit the TEA Party and any one who advocates 2nd Amendment rights. He will attempt to hand the Obama Administration a public opinion and game changing event to go after the TEA Party and improve the Democratic prospects for the 2014 elections — and may possibly precipitate a civil war in the process.
Kokesh was kicked out of the Marine Corps for protesting/refusing a second tour in Iraq. He is no “Libertarian.” He is not on the side of the TEA Party nor those of us who love this great nation. He was an integral leader in the John Kerry inspired Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW)/ Anti-Bush/ anti-war rallies in 2007-2008, against whom Gathering of Eagles stood toe-to-toe.
There is nothing good that could possibly come out of this event. Please steer clear at all costs and warn off your friends.
Repeated requests for his website, adamvstheman.com – resulted in no data transfer at the time of this writing.
Love him or hate him, Kokesh usually lives up to his promises of appearing and inciting. What do YOU think about Kokesh and his political tactics? Are his intentions good / good but misguided / or do you feel he’s acting in tandem with an overly anxious administration who’s eager to get the ball rolling toward marshall law?
In any circumstance, we’ll keep you updated on this event.
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- House Passes ‘Gabriella Miller’ Kids Cancer Bill – Senate Expected to Snub - December 11, 2013
- NC Family Files Suit Against Gun Manufacturer Remington for Deadly Misfire - December 10, 2013
- Satanists Plan Statue to Counter Oklahoma’s Ten Commandments Monument - December 9, 2013
- Newt Gingrich Defends His Praise of the Late Nelson Mandela - December 8, 2013
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013