NRA to Sponsor NASCAR’s April Race at Texas Motor Speedway: NRA500
Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage announced Monday that the National Rifle Association, an organization which has been “tuning up” its campaign against gun control initiatives in Washington, is going to sponsor the tracks April 13th NASCAR Sprint Cup event. The NRA500 will be ran under the lights in prime time.
The NRA has sponsored NASCAR Nationwide series events before, but Texas with it’s 190,000 capacity grandstands represents the pro-gun group’s first push at the crowned Sprint cup series, a move which is suspected to have cost the NRA around $1 million in sponsor fees.
In a video statement NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre told reporters:
Richard Childress, owner of the popular RCR race team that stables Kevin Harvick, Paul Menard and Jeff Burton, is also a member of the NRA’s board of directors.
Interestingly enough, winners of the Texas Sprint cup race are usually awarded guns along with their race trophy – revolvers for the victor and even a shotgun for the the pole-sitter.
NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart holds the pole award, a Turnbull Model 1886 Take-Down Rifle, after qualifying for the Samsung Mobile 500 auto race at Texas Motor Speedway, Friday, April 16, 2010, in Fort Worth, Texas.
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- Newt Gingrich Defends His Praise of the Late Nelson Mandela - December 8, 2013
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013
- Senator Ted Cruz Defends His Father on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno – VIDEO - November 9, 2013
- Supreme Court Debating Atheist’s Complaint Of Christian Prayer at Town Meetings - November 7, 2013
- Pro-Gay Workplace ENDA Bill Passes Senate – McCain & Flake Get Onboard - November 6, 2013