Obama: Conservative News Media Should Let Republicans Off the Hook
In an exclusive interview with New Republic’s Franklin Foer and Chris Huges titled Barack Obama is Not Pleased: The president on his enemies, the media, and the future of football President Barack Obama scolded conservative news media for holding their own republican representatives accountable while heaping praise upon his own leftist mainstream news media for being willing to “compromise” as well as claiming that the Reid’s and Pelosi’s of the Democrat party are much less concerned with what the media has to say about them than are their Republican counterparts:
One of the biggest factors is going to be how the media shapes debates. If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you’ll see more of them doing it.
I think John Boehner genuinely wanted to get a deal done, but it was hard to do in part because his caucus is more conservative probably than most Republican leaders are, and partly because he is vulnerable to attack for compromising Republican principles and working with Obama. (editors note: this guy is actually referring to himself using a 3rd person illeism, similar to Elmo).
The same dynamic happens on the Democratic side. I think the difference is just that the more left-leaning media outlets recognize that compromise is not a dirty word. And I think at least leaders like myself—and I include Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi in this—are willing to buck the more absolutist-wing elements in our party to try to get stuff done.
In short what President Obama is suggesting is Republicans are feeling the heat of a fierce media which is scrutinizing their every move and that’s a bad thing. I suppose if the President runs out of ammo to fire at what’s left of the red teams flanks then he’ll turn his weapon of choice, his vaunted opinion, against those of us who deem it necessary to hold him (i’m starting to wonder if I’m expected to use an upper case H when referring to Him) and his disgusting co-criminal get-away-car driving buddies in Washington accountable. Conservative news outlets should give Republicans a free pass so they feel less obliged to do their jobs and likewise more willing to play Obama-ball.
Not gonna happen, hoss.
Mr. President, accountability is never a bad thing. I know you hate it because it represents a very large obstacle in your pursuit of unchallenged superiority, but if you’re suggesting that all of us out here in “fly over land” should give republicans a free pass similar in fashion to your lamestream bunch over at ABC and MSNBC does in regards to democrats, you’re in for a big disappointment. The Rush Limbaugh’s and the Glenn Becks who spend their time holding each and every one of you to the grindstone of accountability are doing the American people a great service.
Considering the circumstances, I personally feel it’s a job of utmost importance – those people should be praised and if you, good Sir, were doing His job, He would be less likely to be offended by what we here in conservative media were saying about Him. (is that better?)
The economy, which your mainstream media is trying to prop up on a daily basis, is a complete fucking disaster – new home sales dipped SEVEN percent in December, although your news media reported it as the best month since sliced mortgage-rate-bread – unemployment is stagnant at 7.8% in the wake of your election month miracle-dip beneath 8 percent – not taking into account those who have given up finding jobs – people are shooting one another on a near daily basis even in the face of your new 2nd amendment threatening gun control measures – we have a 28 year old goon in N. Korea aiming nuclear weapons at us – the middle east is blowing completely up with daily deaths from the oppression of the Muslim Brotherhood – and you want to spend verbal energy attacking news media?
Do your damned job for a change and stop showboating for the camera’s and microphone’s and attempting to jockey for a better political position. There’s more to your job than flashing your upper-partial at the news cameras.
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- Satanists Plan Statue to Counter Oklahoma’s Ten Commandments Monument - December 9, 2013
- Newt Gingrich Defends His Praise of the Late Nelson Mandela - December 8, 2013
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013
- Senator Ted Cruz Defends His Father on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno – VIDEO - November 9, 2013
- Supreme Court Debating Atheist’s Complaint Of Christian Prayer at Town Meetings - November 7, 2013