Troops Can’t Guard Schools in Camo but Fort Hood Shooter Can Keep His Beard
If ever George Orwell was laughing in his grave it’s now. Our society and it’s promotion and acceptance of all things foolish, backwards and lacking common sense is teetering on the brink of 1984, if it hasn’t already taken the plunge.
Case in point the recent instances of discharged service members standing guard outside of elementary schools in the wake of the Sandy Hook Massacre. The honorably discharged men attempting to bring a sense of security to the schools as well as to the hearts and minds of the parents who have children enrolled there, made the mistake of wearing their camo fatigues while on guard. The government has issued stiff warnings to former Marine Staff Sgt. Jordan Pritchard and Craig Pusley(Pusley’s rank is currently being disputed, so I decided to skip the drama. He served from 17 July 2007 to 8 April 2008 according to official military reports) and informed them that if they continued to dress out in official U.S. government combat gear and stand guard in front of schools that they could be fined up to $10,000, and/or imprisoned for 5 years, and/or be dishonorably discharged.
The Orwellian twist comes when you consider the case of Maj. Nidal Hasan – the Army psychiatrist charged with 13 counts of murder in the 2009 shooting rampage at the Texas military base Fort Hood - who was allowed to break military court rules and keep his beard due to his supposed Muslim faith. Ironically Hasan was clean shaved when he allegedly went on the shooting spree, which at first glance may seem like a small variance, but one which is sure to help his defense team due to the fact that many eye witnesses to the crime may have a more difficult time identifying Hasan as the shooter because he’s been allowed to modify his appearance – a tactic many suspect may be more of a catalyst for the beard than his eagerness to impress Allah.
No gear for our guys standing guard protecting our kids but beards for a deranged lunatic who killed our hero’s, one of which was pregnant at the time she was shot in the back by the crazed Jihadist screaming Allah at the top of his lungs. Makes perfect sense, sure sure.
Why the soft, waxy warm rule bending for all things pertaining to radical Islam – our enemy, and the common enemy of a peace loving planet – while holding our veteran hero’s who are attempting to provide a valuable service, once again, to the grindstone of rigidity?
This country has a lot of growing up to do in terms of the government which creates and enforces the rules and the citizens who continue to allow that government to abuse the rulebook by bending it this way to appease their radical allies in the middle east and then back in the opposite direction when the rules are being applied to honest, hard working and patriotic Americans.
Vote in our poll and tell us if you’d object to a uniformed military guard at your child’s school or if you’d welcome one.
Would you support a uniformed military guard at your child's school?
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013
- Senator Ted Cruz Defends His Father on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno – VIDEO - November 9, 2013
- Supreme Court Debating Atheist’s Complaint Of Christian Prayer at Town Meetings - November 7, 2013
- Pro-Gay Workplace ENDA Bill Passes Senate – McCain & Flake Get Onboard - November 6, 2013
- Virginia’s Brutal Battle for Governor: Clinton Liberal Vs. Tea Party Conservative - November 4, 2013