On July 25th, speaking at a campaign event in Oakland, CA, Barack Obama made yet another ridiculous statement which has now been filed away in the Obama X-files – a laundry list of some of the weirdest and just downright untrue statements ever uttered by any American President, let alone one who’s running for re-election. As if “you didn’t build that” and “the private sector is doing fine” weren’t bad enough, we can now add “we tried our plan and it worked” to the list. With remarks like these, a person has to eventually stop and ask the basic question – is this guy that far out of touch with life in America? or is he just flat out crazy? Perhaps he’s being intentionally deceitful. Or maybe it’s all of the above (you can choose which you think in the poll below). For those of you who think Obama’s right “on the money” there’s even an option for you, as well. Hey, we try to keep it fair around here.
If Barack Obama truly believes “the words coming out of his mouth” (add Chris Tucker emphasis here), then he’s both out of touch and crazy. And yes, I realize that this president is used to people accepting what he says at face value, without checking the particulars, but basic “it feels good” when it doesn’t comments that any half brain dead zombie could detect as deception? Dangerous.
“Just like we’ve tried the Republicans plan, we’ve tried our plan – and it worked. That’s the difference. You’d think they would be saying thank you.”
The Obama plan which has “worked” has resulted in the following highlights:
- Forty-two straight months of unemployment above 8 percent (currently 8.3)
- 8.2 million people working part-time who want full-time work (who aren’t included in the above statistics of unemployed Americans)
- A record 88 million Americans not in the labor force
- 45 million Americans on food stamps
- 1.9 percent GDP growth in the past quarter
- Outlandish fuel prices marching upwards
- A stagnant housing market
- $5 trillion in new debt
- The downgrading of the U.S. credit rating
- 38 percent of Americans living paycheck to paycheck
- food prices continuing to increase dramatically
- the poverty level likely to rise to the highest level in nearly fifty years
If this is what is what president Obama meant by “it worked” – God help us if this guy wins another four years. “It” may have worked, but 88 million Americans haven’t worked, recently – and that’s a figure that will rear it’s beautiful head on election day.
Tell us what you think: