Terror Attack on Israeli Tour Bus Kills 7 Netanyahu Blames Iran-Promises Retaliation
Seven Israeli’s are reported dead and 20 more injured, including a pregnant woman and several children, following a suicide bomb attack aboard a Bulgarian tour bus at Sarafovo Airport in Burgas 400 kilometers east of Sofia, the Bulgarian capital. The blast occurred in the terminal of Sarafovo Airport.
Shin Ben has closed the airport and suspended all flights with destinations of Israel, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Thailand, South Africa, Turkey, Serbia and Azerbaijan.
The mayor of Burgas, Dimitar Nikoliv, verbally confirmed the attack:
“An explosion occurred in a passenger bus with Israeli citizens at the Burgas Airport.”
According to media reports, a suicide bomber boarded the bus shuttling Israeli tourists across the terminal at around 5:30 pm and then detonated an explosive vest. Bulgarian media said 44 people were on the vehicle at the time of the explosion.
When notified of the attack Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said:
“All the signs are pointing to Iran. Only in the past few months we’ve seen Iran try to target Israelis in Thailand, Indian, Georgia, Cyprus and more. The murderous Iranian terror continues to target innocent people. Iranian terror is spreading worldwide. Israel will react to it with force.”
According to eyewitness reports Bulgarian authorities were slow to respond to the aftermath of the attack, adding that search and rescue teams as well as paramedics “didn’t seem to care too much. They took a while getting these two small fire-extinguishers to fight a burning bus, and the airport’s fire truck took over 15 minutes to get there.”
Shosh Eyler, a rider on another bus that escaped the blast, stated that the blast took place just seconds after the groups boarded the buses:
“The bus next to ours just exploded. There was smoke everywhere and people were running hysterically. We got off the bus and local security officers got everyone into the terminal immediately.”
This attack occurs on the 18th anniversary of the attack on a Jewish community in Buenos Aires in 1994.
Burgas is a favorite summer destination for Israeli tourists.
This breaking story was brought to our attention first by AlertsUSA.
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- Satanists Plan Statue to Counter Oklahoma’s Ten Commandments Monument - December 9, 2013
- Newt Gingrich Defends His Praise of the Late Nelson Mandela - December 8, 2013
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013
- Senator Ted Cruz Defends His Father on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno – VIDEO - November 9, 2013
- Supreme Court Debating Atheist’s Complaint Of Christian Prayer at Town Meetings - November 7, 2013