ISAF: Six U.S. Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Bomb Blast – June 8th 2012
Six U.S. Soldiers were killed today by an improvised explosive device roadside bomb attack in Eastern Afghanistan according to the International Security Assistance Force. The ISAF didn’t immediately name their nationalities, but later in Washington an official confirmed the dead were Americans. ISAF deferred identification of the casualties to their home country.
This brings the total number of international fatalities for this year to at least 234, with 171 of those being American Forces (including these 6).
NATO forces are in Afghanistan fighting Taliban Islamist who are particularly fond of using improvised bombs which account for a large number of overall NATO casualties. Taliban insurgents have claimed responsibility for this attack, but that is unofficial as of 5pm. Taliban fighters are usually eager to claim all instances of NATO deaths in the region, even when the casualties occur because of other factors such as mechanical failure or the actions of other radical groups.
For a list of all U.S. Soldiers killed in Afghanistan this year, please see our War Deaths Repository. This list is complete as of June 30. It should be noted that there are 2 soldiers who’ve lost their lives already in the month of July, besides these 6 being reported on today, but our database hasn’t been updated to reflect July’s causualties. All July casualties will be listed during the first week of August.
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- House Passes ‘Gabriella Miller’ Kids Cancer Bill – Senate Expected to Snub - December 11, 2013
- NC Family Files Suit Against Gun Manufacturer Remington for Deadly Misfire - December 10, 2013
- Satanists Plan Statue to Counter Oklahoma’s Ten Commandments Monument - December 9, 2013
- Newt Gingrich Defends His Praise of the Late Nelson Mandela - December 8, 2013
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013