Buckeye Institute Hosts National Speakers at ‘We the People’ Convention July 29-30
Columbus, OH - The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions, Ohio’s only state based free market think tank, announced today it’s extensive participation in the We the People Convention to be held June 29 and 30 at Ohio Expo Center in Columbus.
“We are excited to be involved in this important grassroots event,” said Institute President Kevin Holtsberry. “Ohio is finally seeing some positive economic news, but after decades of stagnation and growth deficits, significant challenges remain. Speaking at this incredible event will allow us to communicate the severity of these challenges and [address] the free market solutions that Ohio needs to embrace.”
The Buckeye Institute’s Policy Analyst, Greg R. Lawson, will be offering several sessions focusing on the importance of workplace freedom to growing Ohio’s economy, and will also offer perspectives on the “State of the State” – an examination of Ohio’s historical and current economic performance and prospects.
In addition, the Buckeye Institute helped recruit speakers from several state and national think tanks in order to bring key policy experts to Columbus for this event.
These speakers include:
- Michael Sanera, the Director of Research and Local Government Studies at the John Locke Foundation, will focus on the genius of federalism and how it can protect states’ rights.
- Linda Gorman PhD (economics), a Senior Fellow and Director of the Health Care Policy Institute at the Independence Institute (a state-based free market think tank in Golden, Colorado) will focus on alternative health care reforms in the place of ObamaCare.
- Myron Ebell, director of energy and global warming policy at the Competitive Enterprise Institute in Washington DC, will be discussing government backed green boondoggles.
- Hans Bader, also of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, will be speaking on the implications of the looming “student loan bubble.”
We the People Convention President, Tom Zawistowski, said “The Buckeye Institute is a tremendous resource for all of us in Ohio. Last year, and again this year, they contribute many of the most interesting and best attended breakout session. Now, they have used their national relationships to take the breakouts to a new level of expertise with guest lecturers from many additional renowned Institutes. The attendees at this year’s convention are simply in for one of the most interesting and educational experiences of their lives.”
The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions is a non-profit, non-partisan research and education institute, or “think tank.” We are funded by a coalition of individuals, corporations and foundations that share our ideals and support our work. We do not seek, nor do we accept, any funding from government sources at any level.
About We the People Convention:
The purpose of this statewide convention shall be: to recruit, educate, and motivate Ohio citizens at the grassroots level to perform their constitutionally defined role in the governance of their townships, municipalities, counties, as well as in our state and nation, by providing opportunities, knowledge, and training to ensure limited constitutional governance. We the People Convention, Inc., is a state registered 501 (c) 4 non-profit educational organization based in Columbus, charged with assembling the convention.
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013
- Senator Ted Cruz Defends His Father on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno – VIDEO - November 9, 2013
- Supreme Court Debating Atheist’s Complaint Of Christian Prayer at Town Meetings - November 7, 2013
- Pro-Gay Workplace ENDA Bill Passes Senate – McCain & Flake Get Onboard - November 6, 2013
- Virginia’s Brutal Battle for Governor: Clinton Liberal Vs. Tea Party Conservative - November 4, 2013