Florida Voter Purge Governor Rick Scott Turned Up Dead In 2006 Elections
After facing a legal firing squad from The Department of Justice and the American Civil Liberties Union for his voter registration purge initiative so close to a federal election, Florida Republican Governor Rick Scott revealed that his very own name turned up on the list of ineligible Florida voters in 2006; the reason? According to the State of Florida, the Governor was dead. The confusion appears to have stemmed from another man with the same first and last name as well as matching birthday who did in fact pass away in 2006, but the irony of the situation has cast a spectacular light on the Governors attempts to purge his voter rolls; if the states very own governor was once misrepresented, how many others are out of sync with the voter registration system?
Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner announced Monday that Florida would sue the Department of Homeland Security, if necessary, to gain access to the federal citizenship database (SAVE) to help carry out its voter purge.
The reply to Florida from assistant attorney general Thomas Perez, wrote in a letter Monday to Detzner, was exactly what we’ve all come to expect in these types of state vs. federal pissing matches: “Because the State has indicated its unwillingness to comply with our requirements, I have authorized the initiation of an enforcement action against Florida in federal court.”
The DOJ is coming after Florida and Gov. Scott hard, claiming that the state is in violation of the Voting Rights Act as well as The National Voter Registration Act which state that voter purge can’t be politically motivated nor occur within 90 days of a federal election.
When asked about political motives the Governor had this to say:
“This is not a partisan issue, this is Republican, Democrat, independent, this is protecting the rights of U.S. citizens and not diluting their vote by non-U.S. citizens,” said Scott.
Scott said Monday that Florida has found nearly 100 non-citizens on state voter rolls in preliminary searches.
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- House Passes ‘Gabriella Miller’ Kids Cancer Bill – Senate Expected to Snub - December 11, 2013
- NC Family Files Suit Against Gun Manufacturer Remington for Deadly Misfire - December 10, 2013
- Satanists Plan Statue to Counter Oklahoma’s Ten Commandments Monument - December 9, 2013
- Newt Gingrich Defends His Praise of the Late Nelson Mandela - December 8, 2013
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013