Body of 2 Year Old Devon Davis found in Liberty County, TX
CLEVELAND, Texas — Authorities in Liberty County have located the body of Devon Davis, the two-year-old boy who went missing earlier this week. The toddler was found dead in a body of water Saturday afternoon just one hour after Liberty County officials announced their decision to suspend the search.
Authorities frantically searched for the child after he disappeared Tuesday from the family’s home in the Sam Houston Lakes Estate subdivision. The toddler was last seen when his mother put him down for a nap.
Devon’s mother told investigators that she put the toddler and his sister down, locked the front door and went to sleep herself. When she woke up, the boy was gone.
Devon and his family had only been living at the home in Liberty County less than a week. They recently moved from Virginia, and were staying with a friend of the family.
Investigators said after she realized the boy was gone, the mother called 911. An Amber Alert was issued for the child late Tuesday evening, and crews aided by helicopters immediately launched an extensive search. Search dogs and sonar equipment, volunteers and authorities combed through the rough, wooded terrain, but found no sign of the child.
Concerned neighbors said the area was full of wild animals and water.
“It’s a mean river. She’ll take a life in a heartbeat, she’s taken a lot of them,” neighbor Deborah Scott said. “What I’m worried about is the gators. There’s gators everywhere, and they’re crawling real bad, and we’ve got snakes out here too. I can’t believe this baby is missing.”
Latest posts by Ed Brown (see all)
- NC Family Files Suit Against Gun Manufacturer Remington for Deadly Misfire - December 10, 2013
- Satanists Plan Statue to Counter Oklahoma’s Ten Commandments Monument - December 9, 2013
- Newt Gingrich Defends His Praise of the Late Nelson Mandela - December 8, 2013
- US Paying $8 Million to Parachute Thousands of Commando Rats into Guam - December 5, 2013
- Truck Containing Cobalt-60 Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico UPDATED - December 4, 2013
- More Than 2 Months In – Obama Still Hasn’t Enrolled in The Affordable Care Act - December 4, 2013
- Dem Introduces HR 3638 – To Tax Drivers by the Mile & Double the Gas Tax - December 4, 2013
- TSA “Loose Change Act” HR 1095 to Benefit Military & Families at Airports - December 3, 2013
- Here Comes the Obama 3.0 Third Term Rhetoric – Could it Happen? - November 29, 2013
- Obama to Heckler: If I Could Bypass Congress on Immigration I Would VIDEO - November 26, 2013
- House Speaker John Boehner Enrolls in Obamacare - November 25, 2013
- Reid’s Nuclear Option will Keep ObamaCare Alive and Benghazi Covered Up - November 23, 2013
- Pro-Islam/Jihad World History Textbook Will Remain in Florida High Schools - November 21, 2013
- VA Senator Creigh Deeds Severly Injured and His Son Dead Following Altercation - November 19, 2013
- Is Obama Admin “Cheering on Annihilation of Jews” by Softening on Iran Sanctions? - November 18, 2013
- Obamacare Website “Glitch Girl” Crys About Being a Victim of CyberBullying - November 14, 2013
- Obamacare Snags 106,000 New “Not Necessarily Paid” Subscribers in October - November 13, 2013
- Veteran’s Day Tribute to the Men of World War 2′s “Ghost Army” Deception Unit - November 11, 2013
- Sarah Palin Rips War on Christmas by “Church of Big Government” - November 10, 2013
- Senator Ted Cruz Defends His Father on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno – VIDEO - November 9, 2013